Thursday, May 30, 2019

Dice Tower Made With Pringle's Can












The Pringle's Potato Chip can was textured with modeling paste. The purple undercoat was clearly a mistake, apparently I had something else in mind in the beginning. Eventually I painted over that with flat black. I didn't even need to texture the outside of the can because it would be covered with bricks, but at that point I did not know I would use bricks.

The tray bottom is made from Palight PVC board, and then I added cork over that for texture.




For the skull, I used a hollow plastic Halloween decoration. I filled the hollow inside with blue foam to make it easier to glue to the can.

I wanted the tower to look like old ruins, so here and there I used cork where a brick might be, which makes it look decayed.

The top of the tower was decorated with cork and Sculpey that had been textured to be like cobblestone.





2 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of using this tower in our last gaming session. Really sharp photos of this gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed you rolling a few crit fails too, so although it may look fun, there is no guarantee of better rolling.

      Delete