Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Game board walls, floors, doors, stairs

These pics show the work in progress for a larger game board for D&D. To see the final result, you can go to this blog post.

I had made these two models first, just for fun, and decided they might go together as part of a larger game board or diorama. I figured out how it would all fit together as I went along. Next time, I'll plan it out a little better!


I used a variety of materials in the diorama. A is XPS foam (used in walls, stairs and other places). B and C are Palight PVC Board (used for sides of the large "oven" in the center and most of the green floor tiles). D is balsa, used for some floors. E is foam core with the paper peeled off. I only used this in the far back wall behind the rear doorway. 






Painted the wall bricks as shown on left, then washed / glazed them with the mixture shown, very diluted with water, and partially wiped off with sponge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment