Monday, June 24, 2019

Fishing Shack, Part 1

So far, I only have the front of this building done but it will be a fishing shack suitable for use with 28mm miniatures.


As a template for this building, I used a paper model spray-mounted onto the Palight PVC board. The paper model is Dock Building A in the Ravenfell set of EZ Dungeons by Fat Dragon Games.


Using the template, I cut out the windows and door. When it came time to remove the paper model, I found that it helped to heat it first with a hair dryer. It loosens the glue and makes it easier to peel the paper off. Then I cleaned more of the glue residue off with rubbing alcohol.


Colors shown were mixed for the base coat. I mixed in a light gray for coats over this.

Before painting, I carved grooves for the clapboard siding, using a hobby knife. For the wood grain texture, I scraped the clapboards with rough sandpaper.


I used styrene strips for window casings and door frame, glued on with superglue gel. 


Stippled green colors on along the bottom and other random places to represent algae or moss growing there.


I also gave this a wash, mixing the items shown with some water. 





2 comments:

  1. Now that I've seen the (more) finished product in your next post, this becomes even more interesting. Just seeing it broken down into the less showy steps makes it all less daunting to attempt!

    ReplyDelete