Sunday, June 2, 2019

Wood Floor, Part 2

For this project, I made a larger piece of wood floor to match the one I made in the last blog post. It is shown on the left in the picture below. 

I wanted them to match, but I did try a few subtle differences:
  • I used the screwdriver to taper the edges of almost all of the boards this time rather than just a few random ones (see the other blog post for details). It is fine but I think I like the original a little better without that effect, it seems more realistic. Plus, one negative side-effect of tapering all of them is that the board warped a little -- it's not a big issue because I was able to bend it back, and if I wanted I could just mount it to another board. 
  • I made the nail holes in the boards smaller, and I like that better. 
  • I made a more regular pattern for the ends of the individual boards, which I like better. 













No comments:

Post a Comment